Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: edible food display  (Read 746 times)

ricree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
edible food display
« on: November 10, 2006, 07:46:00 pm »

Apologies is this has been discussed before.  I didn't find it when searching.

Anyways, it would be nice if we had an easy way of knowing how much immediately edible food we have.  At the moment (as far as I know) prepared food is counted under other food along with inedible foods such as seeds.  I think that it would be really useful if there was a quick way to tell how much food my dwarves actually have to eat at any given moment.

dav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: edible food display
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 08:33:00 pm »

It's been mentioned before, but it's still a good idea.  There's a big difference between having 200 fat in barrels (which must be processed twice to be edible) and having 200 ready to eat meals, but they look the same.

Angela Christine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 02:27:00 am »

You can see this in the stocks page once you get the bookkeeper, but that is usually a few years in.  It does seem unnecessarily harsh that you can't tell the difference between barrels of fat, barrels of raw fish, and barrels of ready to eat meals without either a bookkeeper, or manually going and loo(k)ing at every single barrel.

20,000leeks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 02:49:00 am »

Didn't Toady say something about thisbeing in the works, but there were a few difficulties because of how processed foods were classified? It was a few releases ago or something.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 02:43:00 pm »

The Kitchen submenu of Overall Status will give a list of all your edible food (and much of the inedible, too) except prepared meals.