B) Kill him
- 1 (1.6%)
C) Make him Captain of the Guard
- 35 (55.6%)
D) option B, but kill him by magma-drowning the entire map "just to be sure"
- 17 (27%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Horribly Overpowered  (Read 1789 times)

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horribly Overpowered
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 07:34:35 pm »

building labyrinth now   :D
Construction is taking longer than expected due to installation of the safeguard feature - a 'drop everything into magma' lever.
Also, he currently isn't actually wearing any armour, so I wondering if I should turn my metalworking industry over to armour production, and then drop down the masterpieces for him to wear, along with the food would be the simplest way.

He is currently on duty to prevent further sparring issues - most of the fort is friends with each other, so even 4 deaths nearly caused a tantrum spiral.

Or set up a teleportation hatch and teleport animals there so he could butcher and eat them.
He can't do civilian jobs like butchering if he's a champion.
Yeah, I actually at first thought he could farm / butcher his own food, then facepalmed when I remembered he was a champion.

How does a teleportation shaft work anyways? Just a retracting bridge over a hole-type thing or more complex?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 07:55:23 pm »

Nah, it's just an utility by Darius which adds magic gems. You encrust one teleportation gem in a statue and another in a hatch. Creatures are teleported from the statue to the hatch. I haven't tried this yet but I believe it works, at least regenerative items, magma myst generators and zombifying statues work just fine.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 08:23:50 pm »

Sounds Interesting. Any chance of a link?
EDIT: Found it. Awesome. If only I'd had it beforehand, It would make the corridors of fire much simpler to implement, and if I put a ressurection statue in the middle of the labyrinth...oh yes...

Self-Destruct mechanisms are all in place now, just need to build the actual labyrinth itself now - a load of 1-tile-wide tunnels that interconnect and end randomly.
Currently planning how many tunnels & how they interact. Dug a pit from my entrance so I can drop traders into the labyrinth, and captured a few war elephants (from Orc Mod, but modded to size 40 - for Fun)

NewoTigra has suspended construction of Labyrinth: Exploring uses of darius' awesome creation

Will continue soon enough...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:33:26 pm by NewoTigra »
Pages: 1 [2]