Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dealing with unlimited amounts of stone  (Read 637 times)

Poochie } U

Dealing with unlimited amounts of stone
« on: December 13, 2007, 09:20:00 pm »

In regard to the massive amounts of stone that are generated from legendary miners, as opposed to novice miners who seem to make a stone 1 time out of 10, I think that there should be an extra mine designation, where the miners attempt to mine in such a way that doesn't produce boulders. Perhaps novice miners would have a 50/50 chance of making stones no matter which designation (with stone or without stone) is used. I just think that it's odd that novice miners can somehow mine through a wall and not produce a stone, and legendary miners, when asked, should be able to reproduce this effect.

Question? Comments?

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with unlimited amounts of stone
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 09:32:00 pm »

Yes! One of the main reasons I prefer above-ground forts! The clutter is just too annoying. I suggest they be separated into "mine" and a "dig" designation. Oh, and a "fill" type mining designation to mine out a whole vein.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 09:39:00 pm »

Suggested multiple times already.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 10:01:00 pm »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:23:49 pm by penguinofhonor »