Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Job Interviews.  (Read 1390 times)

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
Job Interviews.
« on: November 13, 2009, 05:01:02 am »

Job interview at 1.

Now the main question is how can I go about beating 30 people who are all applying for a 10hour job in a silly small "Slots Arcade" (Gambling Den, not Kids Arcade.)

And my missus didn't believe me when I said theres bugger all work in my town -.-
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Job Interviews.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 06:31:56 am »

what job are you applying for ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 09:11:28 am »

what job are you applying for ?

LOL Didnt you realise in the first post?

applying for a 10hour job in a silly small "Slots Arcade" (Gambling Den, not Kids Arcade.)

Anyhoo Ive been and gone for the interview. Seems to have gone well. Managers words were "It would be unfair to give you the job without interviewing the others so I'll ring you later." . Score?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 09:13:44 am »

Anyhoo Ive been and gone for the interview. Seems to have gone well. Managers words were "It would be unfair to give you the job without interviewing the others so I'll ring you later." . Score?

I hate to break it to you, but unless you punch out the guy's wife or something, "you were great and I'd love to hire you, I just have to interview everyone else in fairness first" is what bosses say to everyone who shows up.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 11:11:31 am »

I hate to break it to you, but unless you punch out the guy's wife or something, "you were great and I'd love to hire you, I just have to interview everyone else in fairness first" is what bosses say to everyone who shows up.

Pessimist.  ;D

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 11:00:39 pm »

I had an interview yesterday that was way more legit, for a research tech position in a center that studies treatments for drug addiction

It would be the shit because it would give me all kinds of career opportunities and let me get my foot in the door for grad programs or promotion at an Ivy League university but they also want a 2 year commitment which kind of fucks with my plans to go back to the west bank

Also, it was almost 2 hours long, between the two different people I talked to. Jesu
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

buman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 02:25:21 am »

For a 10 hour job, if they didn't hire you on the spot then they don't give a shit who you are and just need bodies. Their 'interview the rest' plan is geared to remove the worst rather then because they care about you because they likely need several temps.

.... this is assuming you even met their requirements.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:27:53 am by buman »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 03:19:15 am »

It could be a really tough 10 hour job. Like stressful or whatever.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 07:48:30 pm »

I assumed he meant 10 hours a shift. It's just 10 hours of work? Why not just take the first one who came through the door facing the right way? By the time you're done interviewing you could have had the job done seven times over!

That's why I assumed.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic