Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Mild Injuries require no sleep  (Read 636 times)

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
[40d] Mild Injuries require no sleep
« on: October 28, 2009, 02:04:21 am »

This bug should be easily repeatable.

It seems if a dwarf  has a injury that requires sleep, and there are no beds constructed, s/he will never sleep.

I've had a dwarf be awake for 2 years straight now from a 'broken' lower body injury. I discovered this as I had to keep deconstructing beds due to him not being able to feed himself once he got into one and there being no viable source of water nearby. I don't know about his lower body but something definitely seems 'broken'. I honestly have never witnessed him sleeping, not even at the job. He either carves me furniture or fills a cistern with water from a pool at the bottom of the mountain I live at the top of and he does it with a spring in his step and a song in his heart.

I will be testing this further. If anyone has concurring thoughts, please post them.
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Mild Injuries require no sleep
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 09:27:59 am »

What color injury are you talking about because mild injuries are light grey and light grey and brown wounds heal quickly in a dwarf with a good level of toughness.

Although, I think I remember seeing a post with a similar bug to this.

Since the healthcare and wound system is bieng changed entirely, this is likely obsolete, but making a bug report is still good.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 08:07:30 am »

It does make sense though.

Depending on the degree of injury, some dwarves really don't need bed rest. Multiple broken limbs and the dwarf is utterly helpless on his own. But a broken finger? No reason to get 3 years of bed rest for that.

Injured dwarves with no beds active will continue to go about their business, albeit at reduced capacity depending on what kinds of injuries they have.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 11:29:04 am »

I believe the bug being referred to here is that an injured dwarf without access to a bed will never sleep, whereas healthy dwarves will sleep on the floor if they can't get beds.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 08:57:28 pm »

I experienced this as well. A dwarf with red injuries to the upper arm and lower body wanted to Rest, but after I deconstructed all the beds in the fortress he resumed normal work, eating, drinking, and carousing. Upon rebuilding a bed later, he ran to it to Rest immediately, but got up minutes later and never tried to Rest again.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.