Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Language Prefs  (Read 387 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Language Prefs
« on: November 08, 2009, 03:28:55 am »

How would I go about making my dwarfs name things more often from a certain sphere? I would find it greatly amusing if my artifacts came out as 'agak' (look it up), all the time.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
Re: Language Prefs
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 12:23:46 pm »

I'm not too certain, but I think whatever dictates that entity's spheres in the raws controls how they name things.  If not... well, then I doubt it can be controlled at all.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Language Prefs
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 02:01:26 pm »

Ayup, there's a handful of tags in the entity file that determine what spheres dwarves are most likely to draw names from, and what spheres dwarves generally won't draw names from.

The default:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The [SELECT_SYMBOL:REMAINING:xxxx] tags are what they use for general stuff, like names and stuff.

Note that language spheres are different from standard spheres; there's a list of them here, and you can see exactly what each language sphere consists of in the language_SYM.txt raw file.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.