Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist McCook cancels tantrum: fail  (Read 775 times)

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist McCook cancels tantrum: fail
« on: November 08, 2009, 08:46:24 pm »

I just recently lost several dwarves to the sturgeon menace and one of my cooks decides to tantrum. The first thing he does is destroy the bridge linking the two sides of the map. After that I decide to check up on him to see if he's getting better. Turns out he was on that bridge when he destroyed it and was drowning while trying to get a meeting. I chuckled for a minute at his stupidity.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Urist McCook cancels tantrum: fail
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 10:46:33 pm »

*Starts a slow golf clap* Sacrifices to the Water Gods will be tolerated. You may get sacrifices back
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Urist McCook cancels tantrum: fail
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 05:13:02 am »

I just recently lost several dwarves to the sturgeon menace and one of my cooks decides to tantrum. The first thing he does is destroy the bridge linking the two sides of the map. After that I decide to check up on him to see if he's getting better. Turns out he was on that bridge when he destroyed it and was drowning while trying to get a meeting. I chuckled for a minute at his stupidity.

Urist McDolt cancels Breathe: Overcome by stupidity and water.
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.