Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d16] Crash to Desktop in Fortress Mode  (Read 548 times)

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile
[40d16] Crash to Desktop in Fortress Mode
« on: November 10, 2009, 01:00:59 am »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FZCXIOSD
I included the entire DF folder, since I've modded things quite a bit. Kobold fort, orcs, and some other nonsense.

Reclaim mode fortress. It crashes with no fanfare around ten seconds after loading the save. There is a depot with a caravan mulling around in it, a few 'friendly' units that got caught up in the Reclaim, and a bunch of dead elves. I don't have any clue what could be causing the crash, and nothing that I do has any affect on it's timing, aside from pausing the game.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d16] Crash to Desktop in Fortress Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 02:12:01 am »

Anything in errorlog.txt?  Also, the DF File Depot is the preferred hosting site for DF stuff.

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 02:18:33 am »

Errorlog has

Unrecognized Creature Graphics Token: BOwMAN
Unrecognized Creature Graphics Token: FILE
Unrecognized Creature Graphics Token: TILE_DIM
Unrecognized Creature Graphics Token: PAGE_DIM

repeated ad nauseum, since it sticks a new one in every time I start DF. It's been doing that forever and ever, so yeah.

Oh, and it also has Site Map:  Extra Item Occupancy 188,150,16, but I'm not sure if that was from the Fortress or not, since I abandoned the fort and wandered around in various sites to see if anything would crash, which it didn't.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 02:29:01 am »

Yeah, I loaded it up myself, and I only got those graphics errors in the log -- didn't see that "Site Map" error, so it must have been from your later explorations. 

The crash definitely reproduces.  No obvious save corruption either.

Had you done any messing around with utilities like Dwarf Companion etc.?

edit: I took the liberty of re-uploading the RAR to the DFFD.  My main concern was that, IIRC, Megaupload listings tend to disappear after a while, and I don't know how soon Toady will get a chance to check it out.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:46:42 am by Footkerchief »

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 12:03:42 pm »

I did use Dwarf Therapist, but I didn't use it for anything other than admiring the pretty data tables it made, and I don't think it can mess around with game data much anyways, aside from reassigning job tasks.