Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Caravan and Liason Wiped Out -- No Migrants  (Read 849 times)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
First Caravan and Liason Wiped Out -- No Migrants
« on: November 01, 2009, 04:06:42 am »

In year one, my first dwarven caravan and liason were wiped out by my fecund orcish neighbors (Deeper mod).  Autumn of year two has come and gone with no dwarven caravan.

I know that I don't get another liason, and I'm fine with that.  But I've received no migrants, presumably because the caravan never returned to report my created wealth.

1.  Am I correct that I'll never get any migrants until a dwarven caravan successfully leaves the map? 
2.  Any theories on why the dwarven caravan didn't return in year 2? 
3.  Will the dwarven caravan ever return?

Ubern00b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Caravan and Liason Wiped Out -- No Migrants
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 05:09:44 am »

1. Not that i know of, I get migrants and never build a trade center.
2. Dunno, But I never get migrants on my second year. Always third.
Quote from: Canuhearme(Facepunch Studios)
Isn't Dwarf Fortress just a game of delayed free-fall into a hideously painful and frighteningly horrific death?

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 08:07:52 am »

1) I believe any caravan will count, not just a dwarvish one.  They all drink at the same bars.

2) Were you under siege in Autumn of year 2?  Caravans do not appear during a siege.

3) Dwarven caravan seems to be hardcoded in; even when there are no dwarven civs left alive.
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 03:16:11 pm »

1) I believe any caravan will count, not just a dwarvish one.  They all drink at the same bars.

2) Were you under siege in Autumn of year 2?  Caravans do not appear during a siege.
Ah, it's the siege that stopped the caravan.  I'm getting sieges every summer, autumn and winter.  But the elves are getting through in the spring, so maybe they'll report back some created wealth.  And that would be nice, because there's only so much you can do with seven dwarves.