Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water and Butchering  (Read 1356 times)

Roland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Water and Butchering
« on: October 30, 2009, 01:39:22 pm »

I was just wondering, is there any way to butcher an animal after you killed it? Or will you be forever forced to  (lick the wolf corpse)? Also, I'm not sure if anyone else has posted about this, but is there any way to climb out of a pool after you have fallen in? I have several ranks in swim skill, and I've set the combat preferences to stay where you are, so I don't accidentally fall in one, but is there any way to get out?

Thank you,
Roland

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Water and Butchering
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 01:51:19 pm »

Climb out by Alt-moving toward the edge.  But no, you can't butcher anything yet.  Fortunately, the Adventurer Skills stuff from dev_next has been prioritized, meaning it's going to get worked on soon after the upcoming release, and butchering is first on that list:

Adventurer Skills Preliminaries
    * I: Ways to obtain food while traveling (hunt/gather) (part of Core84)
    * II.A: Processing of corpses for more than meat (part of Core86)
    * II.B.1: Ability to chop down trees and dig (part of Core85)
    * II.B.2: Way to build shelter/home and ability to save it as a permanent site (part of Core85)

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 06:28:46 pm »

A note about swimming... If you dodge in/are knocked in, and you have less than Competent Swimmer, you will drown no matter what.

Also, your username is the nickname I gave to my clerk in my last fortress. Are you him?! Where are your wife and four children?!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:01:22 am »

A note about swimming... If you dodge in/are knocked in, and you have less than Competent Swimmer, you will drown no matter what.

Also, your username is the nickname I gave to my clerk in my last fortress. Are you him?! Where are your wife and four children?!

And your guns‽

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 06:29:05 am »

What, is he from Gilead?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 09:29:49 am »

Does he remember the face of his father?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 02:06:48 pm »

Will your son really kill you? (note)(I finished song of susannah a couple days ago fucking retarded ending honestly a worse ending than wastelands)
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

wehll

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer stunned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 08:47:58 pm »

Will your son really kill you? (note)(I finished song of susannah a couple days ago fucking retarded ending honestly a worse ending than wastelands)
Hehehe...

Have fun with the rest.