Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two-elf caravans.  (Read 1143 times)

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
Two-elf caravans.
« on: October 25, 2009, 01:31:20 pm »

Elf caravans are showing up with only two elves to haul goods, which basically means that their entire stock is a couple bins of cloth. This has happened on two forts in a row now. Any ideas on what causes it?

I'm playing with orc mod, a bunch of custom animals, and elves have been slightly modded to have a different name, but nothing else has been changed.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two-elf caravans.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 01:43:35 pm »

Might want to move the post to the modding section since you're using mods and you're likely to find the answer there.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:29:54 pm »

Either they aren't getting enough profit from you to "bring the good stuff" so to speak, buy say 100 dwarfbucks worth of stuff but give them 2000 dwarfbucks of stuff back (or as much as they can carry) and they should bring more next time.

Or you have done something like remove any or all of the following
   [WOOD_PREF]

[OUTDOOR_FARMING]

[COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK]

[USE_GOOD_ANIMALS]

[USE_GOOD_PLANTS]

[USE_GOOD_WOOD]

[USE_ANY_PET_RACE]
   [WEAPON:whatever]
   [ARMOR:whatever]
   [SHIELD:whatever]
   [TOY:whatever]
   [INSTRUMENT:whatever]
   [CLOTHING]

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 09:06:53 pm »

They're coming with two traders when they first arrive. I haven't tried giving them a huge profit and see if they return in better numbers the next time around.

I've removed some PANTS and all SHOES options, and gave them [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL]. Maybe I need to tag some creatures as [GOOD].

Emily Murkpaddled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 09:16:13 pm »

Something I've heard, and I don't know how much merit there actually is to it, is that by default the elven caravan becomes more and more cloth-focused because it crams the highest value into the smallest weight. The person who I heard this from then went on to say it was accordingly a bad thing to reward the elves with undue profit, as all it would do is produce a more cloth-loaded caravan to come. But, well, basically everything does.

I don't play with elven traders anymore, but when I was using them this was consistent with how things always went with them. They brought the greatest variety the first time I saw them, and became more and more cloth-focused every year.