Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Check my syntax please!  (Read 472 times)

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Check my syntax please!
« on: October 22, 2009, 09:10:42 pm »

For some reason whenever I play humans I wind up playing Egypt Fortress (no, not pyramids) Anyway, I want to cheat a bit because I didn't think to include a modded reaction for wooden windows, and I want my caravanserai to have some of these.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mashrabiyya.jpg

So I was thinking of adding this to my dogs, slaughtering them, and then changing it back when I want tasty tasty dog shank again, and have had my fill of windows. One dog is quite the sacrifice on my wood-choked map, with quite a few legendary carpenters... I just don't want to fark it up... is this right? Will the game balk at a weird-material window?

[ITEMCORPSE:WINDOW:NO_SUBTYPE:WOOD:MAHOGANY]
[ITEMCORPSE_QUALITY:4]

Thanks very much.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Check my syntax please!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 03:50:37 am »

That looks like it would work to me, but I have a feeling you can't actually use itemcorpses as the items they represent.  At least, my statue-dropping gun drones don't drop buildable statues.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Check my syntax please!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 02:58:05 pm »

:/ Yeah, I tried it, and my dogs were butchering into regular stuff. I had seen this on the wiki as a way to cheat equipment in adventure mode (make wolves drop itemcorpse adamantine warhammers or whatever...) Ah well.