Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best free forum?  (Read 956 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Best free forum?
« on: November 06, 2009, 02:18:29 am »

Hi peeps,

I'm graduating soon and I plan to create a forum so my friends and I can still keep in touch. We have a Yahoo group and probably will have a FaceBook group soon, but I would much rather have our own forum. Anyone can suggest which (free) one to use?

Thanks.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best free forum?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:57:47 am »

SimpleMachines.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:04:59 am »

Find a free webhost and use SimpleMachines, as Pillow_Killer said.
Most free forums look horrible and are filled with ads... with the exception to InvisionFree.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 06:11:37 am »

With the exeptino to normal, paid hosts, on which You spend like, 6$ a month. THat's not much at all.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 07:40:04 am »

Freeforums.org isn't bad ads-wise, but it tends to go down a couple of times a  month.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 11:42:38 am »

Eh, this is the kind of thing Facebook was made for. Just make a forum on a group on Facebook if you're looking to discuss things. Keep it private, and you and your clique should all be there.

If you get an outside forum, there's a huge chance that nobody would visit it after a month. Doesn't help with the "keep in touch" thing.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 04:56:47 pm »

Eh, this is the kind of thing Facebook was made for. Just make a forum on a group on Facebook if you're looking to discuss things. Keep it private, and you and your clique should all be there.

If you get an outside forum, there's a huge chance that nobody would visit it after a month. Doesn't help with the "keep in touch" thing.

Yeah seriously, forums like that have a lifespan of minutes.  Facebook will do infinitely better.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 07:35:23 am »

Thanks for the inputs, people. I agree that such forums do not last, so I'll stick to Facebook.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)