Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mass Murder Records: Buckets of Blood  (Read 3685 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Mass Murder Records: Buckets of Blood
« on: October 16, 2009, 08:38:48 am »

I'm sure we've all had our fair share of champion goblin slayers in Fortress Mode,  mass murderers in Adventure Mode, or grizzled veterans in Legends Mode. I was hoping that people could share the number of kills that they have seen a single unit rack up, whether dwarf, human, goblin, dragon, undead carp or whatever.

Specifically, I'm trying to find out what the highest kill records have been thus far.

I'll add one of mine as a starter, I guess.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:42:33 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Murder Records: Buckets of Blood
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 08:54:10 am »

The best I've seen was a kobold in my legends without about 5 megabeasts to his or her name. It was... interesting, to say the least. He must have been missing most of his face, according to the "Kobold had {body part} torn off by {megabeast}"
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:58:14 am »

The best I've seen was a kobold in my legends without about 5 megabeasts to his or her name. It was... interesting, to say the least. He must have been missing most of his face, according to the "Kobold had {body part} torn off by {megabeast}"

A KOBOLD! WTF! Wow, how'd you like to see that bugger running off with one of your artifacts? "Quick, mobilize the army, man the catapults, the kobold is here!"
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 10:59:17 am »

A KOBOLD! WTF! Wow, how'd you like to see that bugger running off with one of your artifacts? "Quick, mobilize the army, man the catapults, the kobold is here!"

I think he finally got killed by either a human lord, a goblin lord, or the sixth megabeast.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
  • meet me in the mead hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 11:01:06 am »

I'd be more interested in how many kills they get in fortress mode. I once had a grizzled old veteran Hammerdwarf acting as sheriff. He was part of the original seven and I always put him out first to take care of any enemies. He was brandished in full adamantine armor and had an adamantine shield and hammer. For a while I must have had 6 or 7 dwarfs working specifically on creating his equipment. Any invaders that got even close to him get flung halfway across the map. I used a lot of cage traps and created an arena for him to train in with the prisoners that got dropped in. They practically exploded when he took his swings at them.

Eventually I opened up the fun house and he was killed along with everybody else, but only after he took out about a half dozen clowns. I think his kills were somewhere around one hundred (not including animals). I was playing with the orcs mod too, so these weren't prissy little goblins crawling around trying to figure out how they could get in without getting hurt. These bastards were huge, snarling, iron clad O's who saw dwarf shanks as a delicacy.
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

Telcontar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 11:59:15 am »

My finest warrior was Foebane Winddaub the Oily Troubles, the great champion of my longest running fortress (56 years). I gave him the name Foebane, of course.

Foebane had a bit over 350 kills, and that included every sentient race - humans, goblins, elves, dwarves. Also a dragon.

Goblins had been modded to be slightly tougher and a fair deal deadlier, so any one dwarf living through so many battles was much more impressive. Foebane came with the first immigrant wave and was the husband of a champion who was killed in combat. Foebane tantrumed a bunch and wouldn't settle down (looking through his history, his wife was killed along with one of his children, and five of his other children had also been slain - rough seige - leaving only two alive), so I drafted him.

Eventually he ended up with an artifact axe - carved with a picture of him saving a child from abduction - and an artifact shield embossed with the likeness of the Dwarven Queen.

Easily the most epic story to come out of my fortress when told in full.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 09:14:46 pm »

Eventually he ended up with an artifact axe - carved with a picture of him saving a child from abduction - and an artifact shield embossed with the likeness of the Dwarven Queen.

Now that's something a champion deserves.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 09:31:59 pm »

Most I can remember offhand is 70-odd kills for a champion of mine. I tend to have an overinflated military, so kills get spread out.
And a high mortality rate due to accidents and bow fire. I even managed to lose an artifact steel greaves.
It fetched up in the magma moat after a while of searching. I ended up obsidianing it and mining it out, along with the rest of the masterwork steel gear the dude was wearing.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 02:07:21 am »

what, no mention of Tholtig with her 8k+ kills? for shame
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 02:40:34 am »

About 200 hundred with my wrestler champions.
That's the price you have to pay when you embark on a nano fortress that is haunted by skeletons.
The dwarfs will refuse any work until your warriors take care of animals that are easily replaced a second after. Pretty hard was that game

Nomus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 07:21:09 am »

I had this one fort that was going pretty well until everybody made friends with the soldiers.  Needless to say there was a massive tantrum spiral ending with everybody going berzerk and me abandoning the fort.

I went back in adventure mode to explore my old fort for the hell of it, I let a party of about 5 soldiers in with me.  The place was empty until I reached the dining room where I met the only survivor of my fort.  He did the thing where he announces his name and his victims names, apparently what had happened was he killed the entire fort by himself.  He listed at least 150 dwarves and then killed the entire group of adventurers before any of us had a chance to move because he was so fast.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 09:59:54 pm »

what, no mention of Tholtig with her 8k+ kills? for shame

The OP, in case you haven't noticed. I guess you didn't.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Hurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 11:46:22 pm »

I had this one fort that was going pretty well until everybody made friends with the soldiers.  Needless to say there was a massive tantrum spiral ending with everybody going berzerk and me abandoning the fort.

I went back in adventure mode to explore my old fort for the hell of it, I let a party of about 5 soldiers in with me.  The place was empty until I reached the dining room where I met the only survivor of my fort.  He did the thing where he announces his name and his victims names, apparently what had happened was he killed the entire fort by himself.  He listed at least 150 dwarves and then killed the entire group of adventurers before any of us had a chance to move because he was so fast.

That is terrifying.

Could you imagine stumbling along a pitch black hallway, only to find a filthy dwarf clothed in rags sitting on a mound of dwarf bones in a dining room with a crazed look in his eye, who then proceeded to murder your group while he chanted out the 150 names of his family and friends who he had murdered (and then probably ate)?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 07:28:26 am »

That is terrifying.

Could you imagine stumbling along a pitch black hallway, only to find a filthy dwarf clothed in rags sitting on a mound of dwarf bones in a dining room with a crazed look in his eye, who then proceeded to murder your group while he chanted out the 150 names of his family and friends who he had murdered (and then probably ate)?

It would be like the last little girl left playing in the bone pile back in Boatmurdered, but more creepy.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 07:37:56 am »

I once genned a world to 10,000 years and ended up with a Demon that had over a hundred thousand kills, i later determined that this was because he had apparantly statted up so high that he could hit you ten times in the blink of an eye and moved so fast that he seemed to teleport.

Boy that was fun.

That's the only thing i can think of that ever got more than ~50 - 60 kills though, mind you i rarely look through ledgends, i only found him because i happened to wander near his Goblin tower and he teleported in and raped me in the space of a single step.