Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm damp, and I don't like it.  (Read 559 times)

Angela Christine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'm damp, and I don't like it.
« on: October 31, 2006, 09:53:00 pm »

Dwarfs get an unhappy thought if they are caught in the rain.  But they don't say anything if they get wet from falling in a river or getting caught in an overflow or flood.  I think it would be sensible for them to a minor unhappy thought for getting wet.  It's chilly, it makes your clothes and armor chafe, and it makes your beautiful beard all scraggly looking.

Actually making clothes wet (or muddy) and then take time to dry off would be cool, but presumably that would be a lot more complicated than just getting a little unhappy thought because you were strolling along the shore when the river flooded it's banks.

[ November 01, 2006: Message edited by: Angela Christine ]

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
Re: I'm damp, and I don't like it.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 09:29:00 am »

I would be inclined to say that some dwarves may get a perverse thrill out of getting wet beards.

Uhh.. seriously though.. same sort of thing as the weather, dwarves may grow tolerant to getting dunked or otherwise introduced to water involuntarily?

And I just had a thought.. SOME dwarves may be particularly finnicky about things and get upset by seeing filthy dwarves traipsing about with careless personal hygiene habits. (Supplemental to AC's post on muddy clothes)

[ November 01, 2006: Message edited by: Old-Man-Gator ]

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm damp, and I don't like it.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 02:25:00 pm »

I was also surprised about the fact that dwarves who end up in the river don't get unhappy thoughts about it.

Apropos of nothing, I once had a dwarf who had gone insane jump off a bridge and then jump back onto another bridge, delaying his inevitable suicide by a couple of months.  For some reason I still giggle when I imagine him screaming out, "Goodbye, cruel world!" and then climbing back onto dry land as if nothing had happened.

g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.