Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is there a utility to get rid of Narrow crap?  (Read 1627 times)

Psychoceramics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a utility to get rid of Narrow crap?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 03:36:34 pm »

Yeah, why waste valuable trade goods? Just sell all yer narrow shit to the traders, they'll love it.

because I have better things to do then mark 15 pages of narrow crap for trading. twice.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 06:15:53 pm »

Mass-dumping into magma or a chasm.

Otherwise, use Tweak and create magma on the square.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 07:11:19 pm »

Yeah, why waste valuable trade goods? Just sell all yer narrow shit to the traders, they'll love it.

because I have better things to do then mark 15 pages of narrow crap for trading. twice.

Stick it inna bin?

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 07:20:21 pm »

thats all good and well, but if you have a thriving production line setup, you'll often find yourselves swamped with a ton of narrow leather stuff while the products you make lie moldering in the corner.

But the pile of mugs that you made add to your created wealth- the 600 db GCS silk codpiece doesn't.

narrow clothing + sewn image using dyed cloth = profit

Than it does.  One unskilled decoration job, 610+ db profit.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 09:49:10 pm »

I still prefer my method of just mass-dumping it into the magma pipe as a sacrifice and job creation scheme.

Now, I've just had an idea to save effort. Instead of dumping the elven caravan's goods in, why not just dump the trade depot in, like a noble-killer?
The wood would certainly be a sacrifice, as would the animals and all the skulls.
Or I build a depot in the noble roaster, seal off the other, and make the elves trek to it, then activate it.

First, I need to test the Spikes Of Doom, though.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 10:39:29 pm »

I find dumping rather subpar. I dont play this game to look around the map for stuff to dump.
If I did, I'd create stockpiles that accept all the shit I dont want and then dump from there. That way at least I'd have it easy.
But I prefer to (shameless plug) use an automated system, described in my signature.

That being said...

there is a mod that strips goblins of all their items but makes them stronger in return. I cant remember the name, for the life of me.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 01:54:38 am »

Otherwise, use Tweak and create magma on the square.

Didn't know a utility did this, but it doesn't surprise me.

You could dig a one-tile channel, Tweak magma into it (it will last forever), and use that as your garbage disposal.

Saber Cherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 02:38:25 am »

It is not too difficult to isolate narrow stuff in a stockpile.  All of it, except for squad leader gear, is no-quality.  Anything you manufacture should be above no-quality (and certainly, anything you want to keep).  So just set up a stockpile near your trade post that only accepts silk, leather, and iron no-quality clothing/armor, and forbid no-quality clothing/armor from your other stockpiles.  That will accumulate all the crap in bins.

Then give it all away whenever anyone comes to trade.  They'll love you.  You can welcome elven traders with gigantic wood-pulp-paper confetti streamers and feed them methanol created by the destructive distillation of still-living trees, and they'll still love you if you give them enough narrow stuff for their... um, theater productions?  Anorexic models?  Well...  let's not ask what they do with it, but they do love it.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 02:42:27 am »

It is not too difficult to isolate narrow stuff in a stockpile.  All of it, except for squad leader gear, is no-quality.  Anything you manufacture should be above no-quality (and certainly, anything you want to keep).  So just set up a stockpile near your trade post that only accepts silk, leather, and iron no-quality clothing/armor, and forbid no-quality clothing/armor from your other stockpiles.  That will accumulate all the crap in bins.

You can actually do even better than that -- for certain stockpile categories like (I think) clothing and armor, you can toggle whether the stockpile should allow usable and unusable (narrow, large, etc) stuff. 

Saber Cherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 02:44:02 am »

You can actually do even better than that -- for certain stockpile categories like (I think) clothing and armor, you can toggle whether the stockpile should allow usable and unusable (narrow, large, etc) stuff. 

Ahh....  that's right, I DID notice that option and actually planned to use it in the future.  Thanks for reminding me!
Pages: 1 [2]