Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where's my Fallout 3 ZA?  (Read 884 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Where's my Fallout 3 ZA?
« on: October 23, 2009, 04:40:22 pm »

I'm asking something that I think a lot of us are asking one another and have been asking for some time; Where's my Fallout 3 Zombie Apocalypse Mod? You and I all know that the engine and content is perfect for such a setting, but it has inexplicably failed to appear. While there have been mods that add gun-toting nazi ghouls and feral ghouls in a secluded cemetery, there has been nothing that really was a survival-ly horror-ish style terror fest, using the wide-open world to best effect. Here's what I'm imagining, and what I hope to eventually make (although I have little ability to make this at the moment);

- New World: Something denser and more urban, as much of the existing world is overcrowded, scripted, or won't fit with the setting. This new world would be perhaps a quarter or even a tenth of the original size, but have more vertical space and if possible most buildings would be accessible (and filled with zombies). More immediate, since there was no nuclear blast, the map would be far less ruined, though an earthquake or something would allow for a lot more of the resources to be used.

- Setting Rebuild: Much of the setting can be reused cleanly; only in a few places must some things be removed to make the game seem more real, and thus more terrifying; for instance, removal of energy weapons, magic healing, and sci-fi perks. Make the Pip-boy a PDA, for instance.

- Rule Changing: Change Rads to Infection, make Rad-X into Antibiotics and make it addictive, remove Rad-away entirely, and make enemies have Infectious attacks. Make the actual statistics have different balance.

- Cleaned Resources: Since it's only been a couple weeks since the last vacuuming or dusting, and significantly less nuclear explosion, most items would be practically pristine. Re-skinning would be a part of the mod, and things like rebuilding models like the cars might be necessary.

Of course, I'm not sure how much of that is even plausible to do with a small mod team. Who else has no idea how much work they're getting into but wants a ZA for F3?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.