Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ripping off limbs?  (Read 5889 times)

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ripping off limbs?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 11:33:37 pm »

So I did make the crab person, and it's quite awesome. You'll have no shortage of body parts to throw, but you can still be taken down quite easily by groups. Oh and I did the body based on what the internet told me, so any folks knowledgable about crabs could probably step in to correct it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 09:43:06 am »

[BENIGN] seems kinda irreconcilable with [PREFSTRING:severe bloodlust]

These guys look hilarious, although they're more giant adventurer crabs than giant crab people. You should give them [SEVERSONBREAK] to add a little more arthropodic flavor. Do they spawn as wild creatures even though they have a Civ?

Also I'm pretty certain that [MOUNTAIN_SETTLEMENTS] is no longer necessary, since the choice of settlement is now handled by the [START_BIOME] tag.

I think my favourite part is how they have a more robust ethical system than kobolds. I imagine that exiled giant crab men would cause great havoc just picking things up in an elven or human settlement.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McMason has been feeling clever lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 07:12:07 pm »

Having poked around with adding the latching property to the human's fist attacks, I wanted to mention that unless you change it, latching and shaking will still do bludgeoning type damage.  Not that big a deal, except that bludgeoning won't allow for the actual tearing off a limbs (though you'll still get plenty of chunks.)  changing it over to GORE like most bites will work though.
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

Noodler13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 08:36:26 pm »

one of my human adventurers (who didnt survive very long) ripped the arm off a kid. he was trying to simply break it, but it came right off. they dont make 'em like they used to.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 04:54:21 pm »

one of my human adventurers (who didnt survive very long) ripped the arm off a kid. he was trying to simply break it, but it came right off. they dont make 'em like they used to.

Wait, was that with the CANLATCH mods mentioned above, or just vanilla DF?
Pages: 1 [2]