Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 completely unreated questions, out of curiosity.  (Read 497 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2 completely unreated questions, out of curiosity.
« on: October 10, 2009, 10:31:13 am »

1. I'm just wondering whether high priests of a goblin civ will show up as combatants or bieng non-combatants, they will permanently stay on the unit list for that civ even after you have killed the ruler (unless its a demon), all the local leaders and everybody else important and their second cousins?

2. How do you get undead megabeasts or semimegas to show up on the legends? Or rather, I'm wondering if undead megabeasts and semimegabeasts are created at the start of worldgen or do they die in a evil zone and come back undead? I haven't seen any in legends before. It's possible that its because I have halved the amount of evil zones from default (maybe a bit more), but I've looked at many world legends and have yet to see an undead megabeast.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2 completely unreated questions, out of curiosity.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 11:38:39 am »

I've never seen a High Priest, Drunk, or Recruit show up in a siege. So I don't think you can kill them in fortress mode, no.

I've never seen an undead megabeast, for that matter. Are you sure they exist? It's the first I've heard of it.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 11:43:31 am »

I've heard of undead megabeasts and undead semi-megabeasts (not sure about semimegas though) mentioned in the DF adventure mode forum. May have heard it mentioned elsewhere as well. They could just be rare and since megas and semimegas are already rare.....

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 01:04:16 pm »

Undead megabeasts and the like are made at the start of worldgen, I'd assume the chance for them increases if you get a world with more evil in it.

As for the goblins, no idea, but be aware the demon leader itself will never show up to attack your fort.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 01:11:01 pm »

Yea, I was already aware that the demon leader won't show up at the fort, was just wondering about the high priests/priestesses.

I suppouse if a local leader were a drunk, he may show up in a siege. Haven't seen any such thing as a local leader/drunk though.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 08:27:12 pm »

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I've been invaded by non-demon goblin kings.