Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has anybody seen Event Horizon? WRONG FORUM  (Read 1484 times)

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Has anybody seen Event Horizon? WRONG FORUM
« on: October 10, 2009, 01:31:04 am »

Cause I just watched it, and probably won't be sleeping tonight. (Well not really, I think I handle horror movies better than a lot of people. Still, I'll probably be seeing freaky faces for a while.)

Anyway, does somebody want to give a verbal description of what happens in the video log of the Event Horizon crew after they open the portal? There's no way in hell I'm ever going to go back and watch that again, but I'm sort of curious.

That is all.

Also, this somehow got posted in Gameplay Questions instead of General Discussion. Move please?
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Has anybody seen Event Horizon? WRONG FORUM
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 02:06:31 am »

You can move your own topics yourself, I do believe it's with the edit function.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 04:13:13 am »

Lol. I watched that film when I was 16. Too young. Tooo young. 
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 10:35:37 am »

You can move your own topics yourself, I do believe it's with the edit function.
I can't find anything like that...

Oh Jesus

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 01:07:18 pm »

Cause I just watched it, and probably won't be sleeping tonight. (Well not really, I think I handle horror movies better than a lot of people. Still, I'll probably be seeing freaky faces for a while.)

Anyway, does somebody want to give a verbal description of what happens in the video log of the Event Horizon crew after they open the portal? There's no way in hell I'm ever going to go back and watch that again, but I'm sort of curious.

That is all.

Also, this somehow got posted in Gameplay Questions instead of General Discussion. Move please?

Huh? You cannot see an event horizon, it is impossible!

I suppose it's a movie, though. What's so special with it?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 01:29:24 pm »

It's a sci if horror film. I don't watch many horror movies so I am not certain that I can compare it to anything. Initially most of the horror is psychological and in the minds of the characters, but the final 45 to an hour involves a more generic "we gotta save ourselves from the psychotic killer."

I liked it a lot; Sam Neill rocks. I was probably ~16 when I first saw it too, though it never disturbed me.

As for the video log... Hmm, spoiler tags have their own linebreaks, so my formatting got messed up trying to use the default tags. I opted to color the text that of the default background color; highlight such text to view it. Hopefully no one uses a non-default background color and gets spoiled unnecessarily. Note that spoilers are mostly such because of their grotesqueness, though they spoil the movie a little too.

The video you are referring to is basically the crew going ape shit insane and butchering themselves and their comrades in sheer terrified delirium. One particular segment that I remembered is someone either eating an arm whole or having their intestines pulled out through their throat . Given how smooth the skin appeared my interpretation favors the first. There is also a short segment at the end of the video when one of the crew members holds out two eyeballs his hand, and is (originally interpreted) as saying "save me from hell" in Latin. (This interpretation by the characters in the movie is incorrect, but you'll have to watch the movie to learn the correct interpretation.) I believe the video also pans to show the eyeballs belong to the individual speaking, a circumstance repeated later on by a character in the movie itself.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 01:40:36 pm by Niveras »

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 05:02:54 pm »

I suppose it's a movie, though. What's so special with it?

Scariest motherfuckin movie I'VE ever seen, not that I watch that many horror movies, but still.

Also, thanks for satisfying my curiosity without me having to go back and lose my lunch or something

Oh Jesus