Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Looting by Combatants (Or, "I Call his Boots")  (Read 2415 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looting by Combatants (Or, "I Call his Boots")
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 10:27:33 am »

Nothing stopping them from carving a skull or death-like visage or some other scary thing for just that effect.

I had an artifact shield from a previous fort which had a demon and two longnose gars on it. I pictured that sort of greek style with a scary demon bieng prominent on it (perfect for intimidating Goblins I bet) and the longnose gars on the sides.

Too bad there isn't any object or whatever that affects morale in the game, would make some things interesting. Sort of like a goblin army approaches a fort and when they see a legendary champion coming at them, the less hardened soldiers would suddendly become much more inclined to run at the drop of a hat.

sproingie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 01:02:34 pm »

I don't think dwarves would do it except for bizarre dwarves.

Oh, you mean the ones who *don't* randomly decide to create talc floodgates encrusted with spikes of leather and engraved with images of cheese?

Toady is the man who Peter Molyneux wishes he was

Quote from: ToadyOne
dragon pus was like creamy gold. Infect and collect!

Dvergar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 03:51:05 pm »

Claimed items should be named and signifigant ones recorded in the records

Plus body parts could be trophy-enabled, Grendel's arm anybody?

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 09:48:18 pm »

After a battle groups of survivors and civilians would descend on the battle field and strip all corpses and near corpses of their valuables.
Sounds good.
Currently, of course, during a battle groups of your own dwarfs descend on the battle field and strip the corpses of "valuable" socks &tc.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 10:47:48 pm »

I think with the siege update (allegedly one of the first three mini-updates after next version), the attackers will have a much clearer idea of what the hell they are doing there.  Opposed to, you know, charge the trap-filled hallway.  True sieges strike me as a conquering/genocidal mentality, so I'm not sure that trophy-taking would be common (except when grabbing impromptu weapons/armor/food).  Raids, and to a lesser degree, ambushes, should have item-stealing goals and general "pick up anything worth a buck" mentality.  Also, don't forget the pillaging - goblins would no doubt light just about anything on fire.

Looting AI would be nice for adventure mode, too.  Too often have I had a follower drop an axe and then just try to wrestle everything for the rest of his life.  His very, very short life.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]