Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Worldgen bridges  (Read 371 times)

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Worldgen bridges
« on: October 09, 2009, 08:09:34 pm »

I suddenly decided that I want to know what worldgen bridges are named.  They do not get named on the DF embark screen due to there being multiple constructions in the same region tile, I can't find a way to see their name during DF gameplay, and I can't find their name anywhere in legends.  I've read on the forum that people HAVE seen their names (in previous versions, at least), but they didn't mention how.  I am running 40d16.

Edit: I found that bridges are mentioned in the civilization/group histories, but it's kind of hard to find there...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:19:49 pm by Malicus »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Worldgen bridges
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 08:20:51 pm »

Maybe try resizing the emark rectangle so that the bridge is the only significant feature within the embark rectangle.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worldgen bridges
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 08:26:02 pm »

The constructions listed aren't based on your embark rectangle, only on the region tile.  Anyway, that wouldn't matter, since the road and bridge would still occupy the same embark tile.

Also, finding it under the civilization in legends doesn't help you determine which bridge is which if there are multiple bridges along a road.

...I don't know why I care about this.