Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What determines siege size?  (Read 2274 times)

grendelfreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What determines siege size?
« on: October 03, 2010, 09:10:24 am »

I haven't had much luck finding this elsewhere, so what determines how large a siege is. Also is there a way to modify the siege size (say upto a thousand goblins per attack)?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: What determines siege size?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 05:07:11 am »

Siege size max is 80. Sieges always start small and then increase in size, but they only seem to increase in size if you actually kill them rather than wait them out. I've heard that kobold ambushes are based on how much they've stolen from you though.

To expand on what I said about siege size, for say goblins, the maximum number of soldier goblins who can attack your fort is 80. However, they can all be mounted on war animals of varying viciousness, which effectively doubles the number of enemies, and they can also come accompanied by trolls or other helper war beasts.

However, war mounts and other war beasts are usually tied to the leaders of the civ in legends mode, meaning that if you kill the leader of the enemy civ, war animals may cease to appear.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Re: What determines siege size?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 07:56:58 am »

Siege size max is 80. Sieges always start small and then increase in size, but they only seem to increase in size if you actually kill them rather than wait them out. I've heard that kobold ambushes are based on how much they've stolen from you though.
It seems to me that some times i've got more than 80 siegers.
Six or seven waves consisted of 16 enemies each, some waves were mounted, some were not.
I've got more than 200 corpses (and about 500 corpse parts), if i remember right there were somewhat 230 or about that number.
Finis sanctificat media.