Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An option to let time pass?  (Read 1460 times)

K4tz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
An option to let time pass?
« on: July 27, 2008, 11:28:08 am »

I'm wondering if it's possible if there could be an option to let time pass in a world without you playing, so to let conflicts be fought, civilizations to grow or recover and for more generations to be created.

I thought about the idea while adventuring around a 1 town civilization which was crippled by repeated elven assaults until all that was left was a diplomat, an elite crossbowman and children. After destroying the dragon and all the elves near the town, I retired and I thought it would be pretty neat to see the town recover and get back to normal (currently all the shopkeepers are dead and so the shops are empty). It would work like during world generation.

Sorry if I haven't been clear in what I said. Does anyone else think this is a good idea for a small extra feature?

EDIT: I've looked at the arcs and since the life-cycle arc isn't done, this idea looks somewhat useless at the moment. Regardless, do people think it's a good idea?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An option to let time pass?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 12:48:30 pm »

Yes this is mentioned a lot and most people agree that there needs to be a way to speed up time especially since time moves very slowly in Fort and Adventurer mode