Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d16] tamed "INVADER" pet violent  (Read 542 times)

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
[40d16] tamed "INVADER" pet violent
« on: October 15, 2009, 10:15:57 am »

Playing 40d16 with the "df extended" mod --

A group of half giants appeared as a siege, and wandered into my *lots and lots* of cage traps at the entrance.

One of the invaders was a horse.  It was caged, and a horse, so I had my animal trainer tame it.  It appeared to be a "stray horse (tame)"

When I let it out of it's cage, it started trying to leave, interrupted everyone's actions, kicked a war dog to death while suffering grievous wounds (although the brown liver might just be from going through the booze stockpile), and finally got caught in a cage trap at the door.

So I checked the (u)nit list and it was a "stray horse (tame)      INVADER"

Should I assume this is normal behavior?  Invaders cannot be made friendly even when their creature type should be ? 
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d16] tamed "INVADER" pet violent
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 10:56:47 am »

It's a known bug with invader mounts. It may not be specific to horses, but the reports I've seen involve horses.

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 10:58:24 am »

it's pretty far from a game-breaker -- I think it would be nice to have the "tame animal" event have a chance of failure, maybe with the horse breaking free, attacking the animal trainer and fleeing. 
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 01:35:33 pm »

Could be this one I guess, but I'm not sure.

000357 □ [dwarf mode][jobs][animal handling]   tame animals that have a title from killing your dwarves or have otherwise attacked your dwarves are still civ enemies and attack