Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crafter shop question.  (Read 559 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Crafter shop question.
« on: October 09, 2009, 06:02:19 am »

This is quite a simple one; I'm making a scavenger race that collects and trades based on what they can dig out of garbage heaps.  To force players to do this I want to disable all trinket crafting, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do this without simply disallowing the crafter jobs.  I'd rather not have to write up a bunch of reactions if possible.
Also known as Zuhayr.

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crafter shop question.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 06:11:35 am »

you could just change the stats of the civ to disallow the crafting profession... in DF/raw/objects/entity_default.txt search for
[PERMITTED_JOB:"Insert Desired Profession Here"]
and delete that line... make sure only to delete it from the civ ur making/ not write it for ur civ

this will disallow any of ur civ's to take that profession however i dont know what effects this will have on worldgen or any other aspects of the game

EDIT:oops adjusted to adress OP... lol
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 06:14:00 am by gerkinzola »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 06:37:31 am »

you could just change the stats of the civ to disallow the crafting profession... in DF/raw/objects/entity_default.txt search for
[PERMITTED_JOB:"Insert Desired Profession Here"]
and delete that line... make sure only to delete it from the civ ur making/ not write it for ur civ

That's what I meant by disallowing the crafter jobs.  Unfortunately, if you disable stonecrafting you can't produce obsidian swords, and since I've already removed forging this is required.  You also can't produce practice bolts if you disable woodcrafting or bonecarving.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 06:50:19 am »

Couldn't you remove those anyway, and make smelter reactions that produce the swords and bolts instead?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 06:53:18 am »

I don't want to be rude, but it would be lovely if you could read my post before replying.

Quote from: OP
I'd rather not have to write up a bunch of reactions if possible.

Also, making them smeltable removes quality and material mods.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 09:03:44 am »

Dammit must have skipped that line then.
And it does? Huh. The more you know.

Well I guess then at the moment you're just going to have to wait for the next version and hope it has the part about selecting/deselecting certain jobs.

Or make a Junkyard Workshop with it's custom workshop part that only makes what you want and only those who you want work there.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 09:25:43 am »

Looks that way.  Ah well.  Between posting this thread and now I've written in all the reactions anyway, so that will do me until the new version is released.

Now to work on the stone layers...
Also known as Zuhayr.

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 09:49:10 am »

you could u know play with some self control and not use the crafting u dont want to lol

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 09:53:13 am »

That defeats the entire purpose of modding the game.  'sides, even if I had the willpower to avoid crafting, if I make the mod public othe people might not. :P
Also known as Zuhayr.