Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gameplay idea: service-based economy  (Read 3248 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: Gameplay idea: service-based economy
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 04:38:17 pm »

turtle is good too becouse it gives for 2 a meat to eat, bones, shell (so 2 crafts/deco to be made) and even some barrels ... it is one of the best for the meat you can bring ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gameplay idea: service-based economy
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 09:38:01 pm »

I'm playing the Cat Fortress mod and just got my second caravan from the cats. They have basically similar items as humans, for reference. In the first year, I heavily requested all of their meat, fish, and drink. Net result: 550 meat, 200 fish, and 900 drink just got unloaded into my depot. That's enough to feed 83 dwarves for a year, though they'd go thirsty if you relied on just that for booze. Of course, there's still the other caravans to resupply.

In other words, once you get the second caravan, survival's no big deal any more. It's the first two years that are the trick. That, and trading for enough materials to make a fortress with an effective military and interesting architecture.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels
Pages: 1 [2]