Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf won't make weapons..  (Read 541 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf won't make weapons..
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:43:01 am »

So, I finally got some Iron Bars, and I haave made tons of charcoal, and his Weapon Crafter is turned on, but he won't make any of the things in the Forge...what should I do?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Kanddak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf won't make weapons..
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 07:23:35 am »

Does the job get cancelled or does your smith simply never take it?
Are any of the items the forge is made of forbidden? Does its workshop profile allow your smith?
Hydrodynamics Education - read this before being confused about fluid behaviors

The wiki is notoriously inaccurate on subjects at the cutting edge, frequently reflecting passing memes, folklore, or the word on the street instead of true dwarven science.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 08:00:34 am »

On the limited information you've given, I would bet that you were fiddling with forbidding in the stocks screen and accidentally forbade the stone that the forge is made from.  That's why it's best to build all workshops from stone blocks.

JBK

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 12:11:16 pm »

I'm gonna guess that the problem lies with which profession is activated. Metalcrafting and Weaponsmithing are two separate professions. Weaponsmithing needs to be activated for that dwarf to start making weapons at a forge.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 12:53:35 am »

All those professions were activated..I tried to reclaim it, and it worked..thanks.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.