Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark Tab: Outdoor Creatures  (Read 550 times)

InquisitiveIdiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embark Tab: Outdoor Creatures
« on: December 07, 2007, 06:01:00 pm »

As someone who likes more challenging maps, the current state of [EVIL] locations is a bit of a crapshoot.  Sometimes I'm swarmed with beak dogs and harpies, sometimes nothing spawns but skeletal deer.  

If one of the tab windows in the embark menu could quickly run through and display valid animals for that location, it'd be very useful in consistently picking entertaining maps.  It would also serve as a tool for verifying that custom animals are imported correctly.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Embark Tab: Outdoor Creatures
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 06:17:00 pm »

Seconded.

There should really be more wildlife in general, a setting maybe? That way one whit a crappy system could play whiteout them and another wanting a challenge could set it to something ridiculous and get 93 giant scorpions spawned on startup even in a desert.  :)

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Karzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 06:43:00 pm »

I'll put my name on this one too.  I would really like to know what animals I am going to encounter when I pick a spot.  Sometimes I just want deer, and sometimes I want hell raining down on me.
Life is short, live it.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 07:50:00 pm »

This makes sense to me.  After all, it tells you what the stone layers are like before you go, the theoretical reconnaissance could take a glance around and see the skeletal carp or what have you.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.