Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I just wrassled mahself some dangerous animal right there!  (Read 950 times)

Zwebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I just wrassled mahself some dangerous animal right there!
« on: October 06, 2009, 03:04:40 pm »

Soo... I just captured a GCS in one of my cage traps. It is my first truely dangerous animal that I have ever captured, and I am wondering... What should I do with this new accomplishment? I do not know if there is another cave spider on the map, or if it is even possible to breed them, but... Yeah. I'm thinking about setting up a silk farm, but I have no clue how to go about doing that.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 03:17:18 pm by Zwebie »
SYMMETRY!
 YOU! GROUND! I don't dig you 'till I figure out the absolute perfect thing to add to you. NEVER 'TILL THEN!
 You leader, you will be named after a god. YOUR POSITION IS RA, SUN GOD.
 I need a pit! I'm not even going to drop anything down it, I just want a pit! And no weaksauce 5x5 pits either, half the goddam mountain is gonna be an underground pit when I'm done.

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I just wrassled mahself some dangerous animal right there!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 03:17:25 pm »

Feed him to your nobles...

hmmm... or was it the other way around? Meh details..
Balanced Wheels is just rolling along

A small sign posted at the far end of the catapult range.

"In ToolCrew Microline strikes you!"

The Navigator

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 04:35:00 pm »

The best part is that there's your silk farm right there. The silk even gets dyed a nice, luxurious crimson.

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 08:31:45 pm »

Wait for a dungeon master to arrive.

Get it tamed.

Tie it to a chain behind some fortifications.

Tie up an enemy, sandwiched between the GCS' fortification, and another fortification wall.

Drown in GCS silk.

Or release it into your halls, untamed, when you get tired of the fortress. That's fun too.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 04:29:06 am »

All projectile attacks except crossbows and arrows are fired if and only if the firer can path to the target.

The chain doth not work. However, the GCS will fire but not move if you use a door that is pet impassable but not forbidden between it and the target.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Neoptolemus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 04:52:29 am »

You could make an arena, with captured goblins being thrown in to fight THE BEAST. You could even make it more fair by setting a pack of goblins or wild animals on the spider, they'll retain their weapons while captured unless you specifically ask the dwarves to disarm them.

I tried that with a group of wolves I'd captured, but for some reason when I threw my goblin captive in there, they just ignored each other and aimlessly wandered around the arena instead.