Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d16 Soldiers sitting around statue room  (Read 477 times)

MrSpontaneous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
40d16 Soldiers sitting around statue room
« on: December 01, 2009, 01:24:27 am »

I have my soldiers set to patrol and they are on duty.  When I check their current jobs, they say they are currently soldiering, but they just sit around in my statue room/ well room. . .keeping it safe. . .

Not sure of the cause, and I could not find any previous topics on it.  I am running windows vista

Edit:
The problem seams to have been caused by some odd patrolling pathing issue, clearing the patrol path seams to have fixed it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 01:29:02 am by MrSpontaneous »
Know Thy Self, Shape Thy Self

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: 40d16 Soldiers sitting around statue room
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 05:10:07 am »

Yeah, probably related to these bugs:

000120 □ [dwarf mode][military] soldiers follow their old patrol patterns after being reassigned sometimes, related to Bug300
000300 ▣ (Root Cause: Bug120) [dwarf mode][military] soldier walks over and stands at a location upon being activated and ignores orders to change position

Due to the rewrite of patrols and squad stuff in general, this should be fixed in the next release, due out in a month or two.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 07:18:16 am »

I have this problem too, only my soldiers have simply decided to hang out in the ammo stockpile without my ever having assigned them patrol routes, and refuse to go down to my front gate.

Is there any other workaround other than clearing the patrol route? I really need those champions...
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 08:46:38 am »

It seems that when you Station a squad in a location, it stations all of the members there, but when you assign a Patrol route, it only assigns it to the leader - as a result, if you change the squad leader (for example, due to the current one deciding that he wants to get a drink or take a nap in the middle of a siege), said old leader will keep using his old patrol route even if you try to unassign it. My usual solution is to break the squad apart, remove all of their patrol routes, then join them back into a single squad and manage it from there.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.