Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I thought I knew how cave-ins worked, obviously not.  (Read 1129 times)

Syff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I thought I knew how cave-ins worked, obviously not.
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 08:28:28 pm »

I thought it had to be 'so many' squares wide? Well, we'll see. Thank you.

Wagons themselves are 3x3, however this is taken into account for the depot access screen;  The green tiles represent somewhere the center of the wagon can pass through.

The Navigator

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 08:30:38 pm »

I think wagons can actually cross bridges 1 tile wide.
They cant. A path needs to be 3 tiles wide for a wagon to cross, however shift-d only displays the central tile of that path as green. So a 3 tile path will show as 1 tile wide and a 4 tile path will be 2 wide etc.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 09:21:32 pm »

I thought it had to be 'so many' squares wide? Well, we'll see. Thank you.

That's right, but the accessibility thing only marks tiles the center square of a wagon can access, the outer squares that the wagon needs are still marked in red
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 07:16:36 am »

I'm not sure if it was answered yet, but for the access problem, it's not about the cold, the traders are fine with that.

Instead, look with Shift+d for trees blocking the path(Start out depot, then move to the edge of the map to see where it cuts off), and cut down the trees in the way. If there's a boulder (k over it to check) you need a dwarf to smooth it with the engraving skill, note that if you place roads on boulders, the boulders will not be removed, you have to manually set them to be smoothed away.

Wagons need a 3 wide path, and can not move up/down over stairs, they need ramps.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 12:00:46 pm »

Don't stockpiles get rid of boulders too?
Pages: 1 [2]