Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sparkly Cave Flies...  (Read 997 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Sparkly Cave Flies...
« on: October 08, 2009, 12:19:37 am »

So I made a set of fireflies as a lark that were magma-flies and flitted about in magma tubes.

When I embarked, I suddenly had the disconcerting realization that these were visible THROUGH THE ROCK! What a way to find out where the magma pipes and caverns and waterfalls are!

totally cheating, but if you make all the cave vermin glow in the dark you have a vague idea where the areas are (Without exactly defined lines). Kind of like "echoes through the rock" or somethinglikethat. (yeah, yeah, rationalization, I know)
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkly Cave Flies...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 01:05:59 am »

"Geez, Urist, do you see that sparkle? Lava flies!"
"Yeah, must be lava down that way!"

It'd be like some sort of Dwarven lava-sense.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Johnny Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 01:06:21 am »

Something tells me it shouldn't work that way. Maybe make a bug report? Or post the raws for the creature?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 03:40:08 am »

Yeah, I think a bug report would be in order.  I searched and didn't find any existing ones.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 11:54:42 am »

screenshots would be nice too (:
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 07:37:43 am »

Screenshots and a copy of the addition to the Raws. I'm sure seeing it in action would help Toady fix it.
!!&!!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 09:41:57 pm »

screnshots wont work unless i change the colour. It was gray, so it sparkled the exact same colour as the "dirt flecks"... but it moved.

Good to know it's not a known bug, I'll track down the saves before I used the "stone sense" to find the pipe.. and lake... and river...
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]