Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Two more questions.  (Read 1224 times)

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Two more questions.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 11:48:41 am »

Kobolds are faster than dwarves with poor Agility, or too much armour.

fixed that for ya.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 05:40:53 pm »

From what I've seen, sometimes dwarves will kill kobolds on their own (I've had miners and woodcutters exchange blows with the kobolds before I could react, usually crippling or killing them).

When the kobold attacks (probably because the dwarf in question is in the way of it's escape route), civilians can defend themselves (counterstrike). They will not attack first though.

And indeed, Albedo, you're right. Armor / clothing / carried stuff slows dwarves down. Kobolds only have 2 pieces of clothing and a dagger, so they won't be slowed much by that.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:43:00 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 07:51:41 pm »

A dwarf can carry quite a bit and not be slowed down - clothing, certainly, or even leather armor and a basic weapon.  Metal armor, or even just a metal crossbow and bolts, starts to slow down a dwarf who has not improved the Strong attribute - but a kobold is still faster than a dwarf with no Agility, even at top speed.

I think they're about as fast as an Agile dwarf, but a Very Agile can just catch them.

(And they're not as fast as a bolt from that crossbow.)  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]