Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question on making rock Beds  (Read 884 times)

Osdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question on making rock Beds
« on: October 02, 2009, 07:33:52 am »

Now being a total noob at this i figured i'd ask here, since i'd prefer my first time at modding (well second, but first time i tried to replace every creature in the world with angels and murlocs for some reason, never got that to work) To go well, is it even possible to make beds out of stone? if so what would i have to be doing to make that happen, and would they be buildable at the masons workshop, or would they come under the smelter or some such?

AxisofLint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Osdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question on making rock Beds
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 11:46:36 am »

THanks, would i be right in thinking the below would equal 3 pieces of stone (or blocks, i'm unsure) would equal one stone bed, with no fuel required? (Is fuel a nessecary tag by the way? i was unsure)

[REACTION:BED_STONE]-----[NAME:Build a Rock Bed][SMELTER]
[REAGENT:3:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:NO_MATGLOSS]

Edit after browsing the wiki : Changed to this after noticing the format of the current reactions and a few pointers on the wiki

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BED_STONE]
[NAME:Build a Rock Bed]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:3:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:NO_MATGLOSS]

edit 2 : Worked, at least, i only had to regen the world, and i want to test to make sure that i haven't knocked out every other smelter reaction, and they just haven't appeared on the list due to lack of things to smelt...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:12:46 pm by Osdeath »

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 12:34:09 am »

Yeah, reactions do that normally. It's to prevent the Un-Uristly long list for reactions always showing up.
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 01:26:30 am »

THanks, would i be right in thinking the below would equal 3 pieces of stone (or blocks, i'm unsure) would equal one stone bed, with no fuel required? (Is fuel a nessecary tag by the way? i was unsure)

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BED_STONE]
[NAME:Build a Rock Bed]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:3:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:NO_MATGLOSS]

edit 2 : Worked, at least, i only had to regen the world, and i want to test to make sure that i haven't knocked out every other smelter reaction, and they just haven't appeared on the list due to lack of things to smelt...

I see you have made your bed out of generic stone, this can lead to interesting issues, first generic material seems to be very heavy (makes hauling them around slow), second as it is generic it has no base value (most stone is 3, some is 6 or 9) which will effect the value of the bed and the value of the room where it is installed.

Use [PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:OBSIDIAN] for high value beds.

Osdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 05:50:58 am »

Ok, in the end i ended up changing it to 3 stone of an unmarked type equalling one wood log, now these aren't getting stored in the wood stockpile for some reason, would i be right in thinking it's beacuse they're just called "wood logs"? would the solution in this case be to make the product subtype say, Oak?

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 02:58:22 am »

Yes, you want to make sure the product has a matgloss - whether it be wood, stone, gem, or whatever - or you get a glitchy generic. Look in the matgloss files for the proper tag.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.