Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf won't use Furnace  (Read 2090 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf won't use Furnace
« on: October 03, 2009, 09:39:11 pm »

I have a wood furnace set up to create charcoal, and it worked before, but now my dwarf won't use it...his Wood Burner and Furnace User jobs are set on, and I have (tons of) wood in the room in stockpiles. What am I doing wrong? ???
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf won't use Furnace
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:44:50 pm »

use 't' and check if the material of the furnace is forbidden?
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 09:48:12 pm »

Did you in some way alter the path between dwarf and furnace between the time it worked and the time it didn't?  And are you sure that the dwarf is not on break? (if the latter, draft and undraft him and his break will end)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 09:51:40 pm »

It wasn't, but it's working now...weird. Thanks anyway! and no, he was not on break. I checked. and I didn't change the path  either..but it works now!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:14:34 pm »

The dwarf in question may have "is prone to procrastination" in his personality profile.  Such dwarves supposedly take longer gaps between tasks.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember