Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Embarked on goblin tower, friendly goblins turn hostile during siege.  (Read 687 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile

I embarked on a 5x5 site on a 3x3 goblin tower, live in harmony with the inhabitants for many years, have the King arrive, and get my first goblin siege. Suddenly, all the goblins living at the site start attacking my dwarves.

I'm not sure whether the bug here is goblins turning hostile, or goblins being initially friendly, but one of those is probably wrong. Interestingly, one swordsgoblin remained friendly through the ensuing bloodbath. I have no idea why. If goblins being initially friendly, and then turning hostile when their parent civ makes a move to reclaim the site is in fact the intended behaviour, the game could benefit from some text mentioning this. It was quite a surprise looking at the units menu, and seeing all the green text replaced by red text.

Running 14d15 on Ubuntu Linux.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

The friendly inhabitants aren't intended behavior in the first place, I don't think.  Interesting that a siege arrival would change their behavior though.

Do you happen to have a save from soon before the siege arrival?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile

Sorry, no save from before the siege.