Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adventurer macros  (Read 5679 times)

Hurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer macros
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 05:33:50 am »

Hmm, for some reason, DF is crashing every time I use a macro. I'm using Mayday's 40d16 build, which doesn't seem like it should be causing any interference. I've tried The_Fool76's post and I've tried various ones of my own (even just binding random keys to move random directions). Anyone else?

Edit: AutoHotKey doesn't want to work in 40d16, but will work in 40d and everything else I've tried it with. Wth is going on?

Edit2: Got AHK working... Unlike every other program I've tried it with, where you can just tap the hotkey you set, you actually have to hold it down.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 07:48:10 am by Hurion »

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 09:21:04 pm »

I'd also like to add, for the record, that macros can call themselves indefinitely. So instead of using two macro spaces for the Shuffle, you could do:

It runs until you hit ESC, basically. Handy if ye don't want to be restarting macros every 100 iterations or so.

When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 10:38:30 am »

Good call, smirk.  When I started playing around with these, I wasn't sure if my system would even register me trying to cancel the macros (seeing as how I still can't regularly exit the "You are deceased.  Press ESC to end" screen).
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]