Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Enemy archers  (Read 399 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Enemy archers
« on: October 03, 2009, 03:55:23 am »

If i caught some goblin archers, put then in a fortification box and dropped ammo in every so often, would they shot at things?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy archers
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 04:03:10 am »

Yes. Your dwarves and some creatures. (From what I can tell, they don't see them all as targets, but many.)  Don't forget to give them ammo, but you don't have to feed or water them.

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 03:22:38 pm »

I think I've read somewhere that a caged creatures first priority is to try to escape to the edge of the map, and only fight as a last resort. I doubt that the captured goblin archers would be a reliable in a pillbox.

if anything they'd attack your dwarves and not hostile things.

I mean hell, I've captured tons of goblins, threw them into a pit, and tossed in a few mountain gnomes and they got along fine..
Balanced Wheels is just rolling along

A small sign posted at the far end of the catapult range.

"In ToolCrew Microline strikes you!"

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 03:28:57 pm »

That's why I don't leave survivors. I capture goblins. I toss them down my execution shaft onto the sacrifical alter of Armok. SPLAT! Course, I don't capture many goblins since I finally got my HALL WAYS OF DOOM WITH A COW ON ONE END!
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending