Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: game in "qwerty "mode with azerty keybord  (Read 721 times)

melmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
game in "qwerty "mode with azerty keybord
« on: October 07, 2009, 02:49:46 pm »

I wanted to start (once again) Dwarwen dream location but my game think I'm using qwerty keybord. It's the first time it happens. Do you have any idea how to change it back to azerty?

melmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: game in "qwerty "mode with azerty keybord
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 05:44:14 am »

Oh, and when I use "m" key  to move local area before embark, I have "moving records "screen.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 07:32:51 am »

I have no idea if it suppourts an azerty keyboard, or even where that option is if it does.

What languages is the azerty keyboard for? just wondering.

melmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:37:35 am »

It always supported an azery keybord.
When the troubles begun, I thought that all my keybord was in qwerty mode, but outside the game, it write normally.
I have reinstalled the game,with the same version I used before, but i still have the same problem.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 10:30:42 am »

DF behaves oddly with non-QWERTY keysets. I always have to switch my computer from Dvorak to Qwerty before playing or else it won't work properly. If I don't, some of the keys are correctly Dvorak keys (e.g. I can hit what is 'd' on the QWERTY keyboard and get an 'e'), but many are not.

Your computer should support changing the keyboard layout. You might try telling it to behave as a QWERTY keyboard and see if that fixes the problem.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels