Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Rogue Trader  (Read 24762 times)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2009, 05:03:48 pm »

Not sure, but in Rogue Trader, it is is only outclassed by Power Armor, so, that's saying something for it.
!!&!!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2009, 05:29:46 pm »

well power armour is what a normal space marine wears and they have a 3+ save, so I'm guessing a 4+ for storm trooper carapace
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2009, 11:26:50 pm »

Just pointing out that power armour is nowhere near as good as space marine power armor; just like how a boltgun is a pale shadow of what a space marine would use.  What's more, space marines have the black carapace which allows 'em to wear their armor like a second skin.

Edit:  And bear in mind that a 'normal' space marine, fluffwise, is a 10 foot tall inhuman monster that doesn't need to sleep, can control their hormones, has three lungs and two hearts, a ribcage made of steel, etc, and has been conditioned from birth to kick ass.  Stack onto this machine the best armor and weapons in the galaxy spanning Imperium of Man, and a genius mind focused solely on the death of all opposition.  A single 'normal' space marine would be more than a boss fight for an entire rogue trader party.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 11:39:33 pm by Capntastic »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2009, 12:01:07 am »

I've fantasized about having a Dark Heresy group that was unversed in the fluff encounter a Khorne Berzerker.  That'd be a lot of fun.
Shoes...

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2009, 12:07:32 am »

I've fantasized about having a Dark Heresy group that was unversed in the fluff encounter a Khorne Berzerker.  That'd be a lot of fun.

For X rounds, where X is the amount of player characters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2009, 12:09:41 am »

I never denied that.  I'd just stress to them that this is something they need to run from.

Well, I wouldn't stress it per se.  I'd indirectly stress it via the pieces of the closest acolyte, which would be flying through the air at that point.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]