Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf in fey mood asking for something strange.  (Read 2152 times)

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf in fey mood asking for something strange.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 07:23:10 pm »

It sounds like it's time to experiment!
We need a fortress full of unhappy butchers!
hmm... now I have to wonder if a mother dwarf with baby will consider the baby as a valid target for accomplishing her fell mood...

better make sure your butcher fort only allows married couples and turn babies up to the max just to be sure :3
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 08:56:17 pm »

That would be awesome. Would be really hard to orchestrate I imagine, given that you've got 50% (excluding profession difference) chance of getting a father and you need 20 eligible (i.e. with no previous moods, not including babies) unhappy (for fell) dwarves. But if it happens, make sure to record for posterity.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 09:12:39 pm »

I think fell moods are actually liked, especially if you get a good result on the item roll, and it is related to the dwarve you lost.

Urist, whatever happened to Kog, our quintuple legendary champion?

Oh, I made her into a helment for her daughter to wear into battle as she trains to be our next quintuple legendary champion.

Or...

Hey, Moral, what ever happened to the old baron?

Well, new baron, I cut him up to make that lovely rholite encrusted cabinet all your socks are stored in, since he always compleaned there weren't enough cabinets in the baron's chambers.

Carry on then.

CursedBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 09:37:07 pm »

Dwarfs with injuries can still get and complete moods, right? (I remember having someone with a broken leg crawl out and make some useless amulet).

Can a dwarf with no arms complete a mood?

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 11:38:59 pm »

Maybe, the cat mouth bug might prevent that, or might not.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 12:05:33 am »

Hey, Moral, what ever happened to the old baron?

Well, new baron, I cut him up to make that lovely rholite encrusted cabinet all your socks are stored in, since he always compleaned there weren't enough cabinets in the baron's chambers.

Carry on then.

This reminds me of the plan that got me to take the plunge and actually start playing this game, in spite of its fearsome reputation. Quite simply, I'd build a big, communal noble chamber with butcheries and tanneries leading off of it and keep all my dwarves just slightly unhappy.
 Whenever anyone entered a fell mood, they'd claim one of the workshops, then run out and grab a noble. Realistically, they'd probably grab an item hauler carrying off a stack of cat bones just as often, but that's no great loss. The real skill comes with skating on the thin line between everyone being unhappy enough to get fell moods but not so unhappy they cause a massive tantrum spiral. I'm going to have to get round to trying this, some day.

UndergroundTree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 04:51:45 am »

no beer, no cats (vermin), and no garbage pile. That should be perfect  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]