Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarvenhome Aid Mod [UNFINISHED] [HELP NEEDED]  (Read 1179 times)

Conot

• Bay Watcher
  • Purring Maggots!
    • View Profile
Dwarvenhome Aid Mod [UNFINISHED] [HELP NEEDED]
« on: September 27, 2009, 01:55:27 pm »

As the title might give away, i've been working on a mod to request help from the homeland for some resources. At the moment this mod only functions from the smelter because of the lack of other building type tokens, however, I was testing out a bunch of "cheat" mode of the mod (which required no resources) to see if it worked, when I noticed that my axes were coming out large every time on their own accord. Now this mod is still in the early days, and I probably won't finish it until the next edition is released (which is hopefull soon).

My questions are:

What is making the axes come out large (and therefore unusable by my poor lonely axedwarves)?
Is there any way to control the level of quality of the products that the dwarven home is sending (So for example, you could request a masterfully made axe at a large cost, or a simple average quality one at a lesser price)?

For those of you who want the code, here is the "cheat" version I have been using for testing:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Before you berate me, yes it does produce a Adamantine battle axe at no cost. This was just for testing, the normal version of the mod actually uses steel or iron and even then the cost is quite large.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvenhome Aid Mod [UNFINISHED] [HELP NEEDED]
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 03:44:46 pm »

I think that anything with an associated size always turns out human-sized in reactions.  You'd have to make your dwarves bigger, as there is no way around this.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 04:19:05 pm »

Hmmm when you say *large* do you mean that the dwarf can't handle it or it is so heavy that it makes the dwarf slow to a crawl.

Also just to make sure any axedwarves you have will need to have their military options switched to two handed wielding instead of one.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 05:51:22 pm »

Hmmm when you say *large* do you mean that the dwarf can't handle it or it is so heavy that it makes the dwarf slow to a crawl.

Also just to make sure any axedwarves you have will need to have their military options switched to two handed wielding instead of one.

Large, as in what the game calls any armor that is too large for your race to wear.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 10:35:36 pm »

Large, as in what the game calls any armor that is too large for your race to wear.

thing is though he is making an axe not a piece of armor... as far as I know size dictates that not a large or narrow tag.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 04:02:38 am »

Axes cannot have sizes, as any weapon. You misunderstood something.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 05:49:09 am »

There is a minimum size for weapon usage, though, which is why fort-mode dwarves can't wield human two-handed swords.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 04:25:24 pm »

Well, yes, but here he uses a default ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE, which is usable.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository