Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Building at the boundries  (Read 463 times)

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
Building at the boundries
« on: September 26, 2009, 08:53:21 pm »

yeah,I wanted to build towers at every corner at my map.Connecting from a bridge suspended in the air and a path underground,but my dreams are crushed because i cant build at the boundries,anyone know how to build at them? any tricks? or somthing?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Building at the boundries
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 08:59:36 pm »

No constructions(b>C) can be built at the maps edge, a few other buildable things can however(bridges are the one of them), your only hope is to just build the towers a few tiles away.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:09:26 pm »

You could just build bridges as a tower. Raising bridges that are raised form the walls, and a retracting bridge that's just there is a floor.

Stairs may be a problem.

A different solution may be to make obsidian (Magma+water) at the edge, and mine out the tower from it, smooth it for the same looks as a constructed tower.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 03:21:45 pm »

You could just build bridges as a tower. Raising bridges that are raised form the walls, and a retracting bridge that's just there is a floor.

Stairs may be a problem.

A different solution may be to make obsidian (Magma+water) at the edge, and mine out the tower from it, smooth it for the same looks as a constructed tower.
that might work,though it will take AGES to get a 20 FT tall tower
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.