Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 11963 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #255 on: September 25, 2009, 04:35:07 pm »

Well, I only say stuff as I understand it from my classes or from whatever other source I get my information from.  Normally, if my source isn't from school, I'm a bit unsure and usually ask about it.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 25, 2009, 06:44:37 pm »

Oh God, the Bay12 games forums are full of intellectual posers. You know the type.. the ones who talk for hours about astrophysics, quantum mechanics, nuclear fusion, genetic engineering, 4 spatial dimensions but don't actually know anything about it. They just spout fancy sounding facts, only half of which are true, and the other half are empty words.
Yup. At least it's better than those who say generic things all the time or those who are trying to roleplay something but can't decide whether to keep doing it or not.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #257 on: September 25, 2009, 07:03:12 pm »

Must be read with a cheesy voice:
Just be yourself.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 25, 2009, 07:18:52 pm »

Oh God, the Bay12 games forums are full of intellectual posers. You know the type.. the ones who talk for hours about astrophysics, quantum mechanics, nuclear fusion, genetic engineering, 4 spatial dimensions but don't actually know anything about it. They just spout fancy sounding facts, only half of which are true, and the other half are empty words.
Yup. At least it's better than those who say generic things all the time or those who are trying to roleplay something but can't decide whether to keep doing it or not.

That's AWESOME dude!  You know how tough it is to sound convincing?  Besides gun.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2009, 11:07:45 pm »

4 spatial dimensions

Aaaw, I feel like that was aimed at me.  :(

When I refuse to acknowledge time as the fourth dimension it's largely because I've never had anyone explain it to me in any kind of intelligent way, just people say it is and no-one says why. I realise I know nothing about, I want someone to actually tell me why damn it!

It was more aimed at Armok :P Time's pretty easy to imagine as a 4th dimension. A lot of graphs are plotted by time, and every form of movement uses time as a factor, aside from distance, etc. Velocity = dx/dt and all that. If time were to stop, so would everything else in the other dimensions, and if you were to move around in stopped time, then that would be like moving on the time axis. I think it's only hard to imagine because it's not reversible, and not really possible to pause time (outside of games and videos).

Man, now I remember all the times when I was 16 and tried to convince people it was possible to make a time machine. I was an intellectual poser too  8)

And now I remember that I have some real 2D signal processing to do, which I'm procrastinating because it's so hard... :(
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]