Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Search for the Necronomicon! Of Doom! And Madness!  (Read 3927 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Search for the Necronomicon! Of Doom! And Madness!
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 07:28:00 am »

Meh, what the hey, better to crash and burn then to miss out...

The travelling journal of Archibald Wellington, former apprentice to Professor Mozart

"Find it!" Find it! there is something about that note that intrigues me, it is the last thing the professor did but, I, I just can't let it go, I, find it...

The Professor had always had his quirks, but that book was special. It was merely a collection of myths, stories of various imagined relics, it sounded like sensational nonsense full of supernatural powers, imagined secrets and all manner of fantastic creatures, but the Professor was entranced by it. When he first arrived with it he dove directly into his study and only emerged hours later, after dawn had broken, desperate for food. Over breakfast he spoke of nothing else, detailing stories of apparently great and momentous things. I was, of course, dismissive of all of it, but then, well, then he simply retired to his study. I didn't think of it till nightfall, but he had been studying the book for a full day without sleep or rest or sustenance aside from that one meal.

I went to check on him but the door was stuck, more than stuck, it didn't move at all, I thought it barricaded at the time... I called to him but all I heard in reply was desperate scribbles and indecipherable mumbling. I was going to seek help, but I didn't, he was about important business, so I waited. I don't know how long I waited, it didn't matter, I vaguely recall getting food and water, keeping myself alive, but it was unimportant, so long as I waited.

Then it was time, I opened the door, a beautiful layer of dust covered the room, the book was gone, but it had never been important, it was simply a guide that had done its work. The Professor was gone too, his body remained, and, perhaps, his spirit too, but his being had been undone, consumed by his final works. I took his map without looking, I mustn't look, it isn't time yet, it will remained sealed. I don't even know why I think it is a map, but it is, and if I don't dwell on such things they won't get me. But I wouldn't anyway, I don't have time, I have to find it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 07:40:26 am »

We're going back to his office now, as I walk past the faces of the people or Arkham, the ignorance of the things we've experienced.... and done is splayed across their faces, showing the uncaring world that they are innocent. That would not stop it from tearing open their dreams, and eating their futures. They remind me of when I was like that, all that time ago....

I was at the scene of the murder, having just vomited up upon sighting the corpse of the late Dr. Mortimer. To my confusion and horror, his study was empty, devoid of his prized collection of tomes of ancient lore. Except his journal, hidden in a secret compartment of his desk. What I found in there changed me, but not as much as what I would experience later....
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 09:43:07 pm »

Hmmm, this really isn't my thing, so I am kind of dreading it, but it is an interesting idea...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2009, 01:33:37 am »

It's really not my thing. This was really boring and uninteresting for me, so if this is necro'd count me out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]