Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I can't think of an appropriate meme to reference for this.  (Read 3108 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I can't think of an appropriate meme to reference for this.
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 08:22:22 am »

I'd buy an energy drink labeled Potion of Haste.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 10:11:17 am »

They sell health potions at Fry's. It's like one of those 5 hour energy potions but in a bottle that looks like the stereotypical health potion in video games. I want to go in there with a leg wound one day and chug the whole rack, then sue em for false advertising.

They should sell em in 20 packs though, for the irony.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 02:04:46 pm »

They sell health potions at Fry's. It's like one of those 5 hour energy potions but in a bottle that looks like the stereotypical health potion in video games. I want to go in there with a leg wound one day and chug the whole rack, then sue em for false advertising.

They should sell em in 20 packs though, for the irony.

Holy crap, man, have you ever HAD any of those?  I think they're the same brand as the mana potions and probably the same contents, just re-labeled...but those mana potions will MESS YOU UP.

If you drink one all in one sitting, it does bad things to you if you don't already have a huge caffeine tolerance (like HUGE, like 12 cans a day huge).  If you slammed like ten of them, I wouldn't actually be surprised if you died.

Also, I want to get a whole bunch of Jones' Sneak Attack! drinks.  And then hide them randomly in friends' houses when I visit.  I could care less about the other flavors.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 02:37:24 pm »

I'm pretty sure you would'nt die, there'd be a health warning.

I should get some.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 03:41:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure you would'nt die, there'd be a health warning.

I should get some.

Ahh, common sense.  The fact that it doesn't exist is the reason WHY there's warning labels on almost everything, and the reason why we can't have nice things.

Yes.  If you drink 40 cups of coffee, it might actually kill you, or at least send you to the hospital.  Your stomach would probably burst before then though, whereas with mana potions, they're TINY so you could conceivably actually do that (probably only if you were high enough to think it's a good idea).
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 03:55:03 pm »

You can OD from caffeine, it just isn't easy.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 04:31:28 pm »

I didnt mean to sound so ignorant.

I know you can OD from caffeine, and that it's hard, and that things don't always warn what they need to, But as it's easy TO chug so many potions, i'd have thought that there would at least be SOME indication as to a safe amount to drink.

I'm smarter than that, i'm thinking of the poor *channers and goons... wait...
Pages: 1 [2]