Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Generation Mod-Dependancy Question  (Read 802 times)

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
World Generation Mod-Dependancy Question
« on: September 29, 2009, 09:41:13 am »

In my reactions file I am using an entry to make all stones economic.  I realize that editing this file causes changes in the world generated from it.  What I don't know is whether it is the content, or the filesize, or some other attribute that is causing one major changes that I am seeing.  Specifically, I can put in a dummy entry for the economic stone entry, as follows, and get a world apparently pretty much like the vanilla world.  If I then replace the adamatine reagent and product with the lines for the all-economic entry (about 79 reagents), it works as intended.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ALL_ECONOMIC_ENTRY]
[NAME:make all stones economic]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:1:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ADAMANTINE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ADAMANTINE]
[FUEL]

However, if I actually put the entire entry in before generating the world, I get the major oceans shifting from neutral to evil.  This happens for more than one set of parameters.  The overall layout of the world seems very similar to the vanilla, with this glaring exception.

What I am curious about is whether it is the number of lines in the reaction file that is causing the difference, or if making all of the stones economic somehow changes the good-evil balance in the world if it is present from the very beginning.

Any thoughts?
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.