Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark in a FUN jungle..  (Read 964 times)

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
Embark in a FUN jungle..
« on: September 18, 2009, 05:58:38 pm »

9th Sandstone 301

We embarked nearly a year ago in this jungle, the moist and humid conditions are not fit for a true dwarf, however, the mountain homes was thinking there might be something special here. When we arrived, our two fisherdwarfs quickly found out the river was infested with carp. I, Zon Bisekdodók the glorious leader of Urdimlikot or "Towerinks" as it is in human tongue, quickly ordered a filter to be made. But, of course something wrong would happen, our filtering failed and carp now had a new place to create their spawns. I absolutely detest those creatures...
A few days later, we noticed some gorillas glaring at us from the other side of the river, fortunately for us, they cannot swim. However, I saw some alligators.. And the same did our trusty fisher Fikot Afenstinthäd, Armok be with him now... The alligator chased Fikot, and bit him in half, our best miner Tekut Mebzuthmatul came running like a maddwarf to save his dear friend. Although he took care of the fiend, now named ômakgos, he lost his right leg and he had a severe head injury.
The traders from the mountain home just sat passive and watched the slaughter. I checked some of their wares, and they had brought a huge axe-blade, finely crafted.. But with pictures of carp!
By Armok I hate them!
I fear this jungle might be cursed... We are two dwarfs down now, one, if Tekut survives...

-Zon Bisekdodók

*Further down on the page are some hastily scribbled down words*

BY ARMOK! Yet another alligator has claimed another dwarf! Our second fisherdwarf has now fallen, I shall quickly send word to the mountain homes about this cursed jungle...

*More words follow, a bit harder to read than the last "batch"*

NO NO NO! We have now lost our woodcutter Bomrek Sazirfeb to the beast!

This pretty much sums up some of the horrors I already have experienced... I shall continue to update whenever something more fun occurs ;D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 06:07:06 pm by Lawec »
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
  • Never befor has the letter "c" been so appetizing
    • View Profile
Re: Embark in a FUN jungle..
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 06:14:55 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks like it belongs in the story sub-forum.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
Re: Embark in a FUN jungle..
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 06:22:23 pm »

Well, it was just to tell what has happened so far in my new fortress, in a bit different way :)
And eh, I'm not quite sure if it really is supposed to be in that sub-forum.. Hmm.. ;D
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.