Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: If I sell steel weapons/armor to the elves or humans, will they end up using it?  (Read 560 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't normally sell weapons/armor to the elves (steel toys are fine though, apparently, even though charcoal (WOOD) can get involved in the metal making proccess) and I'm in no way desparate or anything. I've decided to ditch the steel stuff that I have, but it has too much trade potential to just be melted down (I have alot of high quality stuff that I bought or from depot deconstruction). You may be asking how come I bought it in the first place, well, I bought it early on before I developed my pratically unconquerable entrance defense. Now though, I don't see a need for the steel stuff right now.

Basically, I'm checking whether traded stuff might get used against me or if the traded items blink from existence when the caravan leaves the map. Or is there any evidence that they go through some background trade stuff?

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile

No. Disappears.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No. Disappears.

Okay, cool. :)

Just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get 'stabbed by my own sword' so to speak.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For now, it's gone, but always be careful when there's a new version out, one of the things listed as a goal is that items taken off the map by caravans/thieves gets tracked properly in the world. And I think stolen things also appear in kobold caves when you go to their cave as adventurer.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yet another reason to load up caravans with skull totems and obsidian trinkets.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones

Why in the world are you selling steel battle-gear to caravans when the DF world is chock full of ridiculously overpriced alcohol biscuits and silk stockings?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm getting rid of some of my imported wealth. Yea some is inevitable, with wood, bins, barrels, and stuff the gobbos drop. I'm also staving off the baron (I have economy off anyhow).

I am selling the overpriced silk stuff that gobbos drop, as well as any good quality stuff they may drop.